April 21, 2008

Glenn Beck on Healthcare:

After an out-patient surgical operation Glenn Beck says he was experiencing excruciating pain, the doctors resorted to giving him a "cocktail" of medications that were supposed to knock him out. Instead the medications caused him to hallucinate to the point of suicide.

Since then he has spoke out and stated the problem he found with America's health care system:

"But despite the embarrassment, I'm actually glad that the whole episode went public because it's given me a chance to talk about what I believe is the real problem with American health care: compassion, or more accurately, a lack of it.
At the hospital I was often treated more like a number than a patient. At times, staff members literally turned their back on my cries of pain and pleas for help. In one case a nurse even stood by tapping his fingers as if he was bored while my tiny wife struggled to lift me off a waiting room couch."


Though I don't like Glenn Beck, I completely agree with these statements. The hospitals in America have turned into businesses, but instead of caring for there "customers" the only think about the paycheck they are receiving at the end of the day.

You can check out the article here, or you can watch Glenn Beck tell the story himself from his hospital bed. VIDEO.

No comments: